The data we get and transform needs to be stored.
There are several questions that need to be addressed in order to do it:
- At which levels we store which data?
- Do I need to transfer all the data to the cloud level, or it’s enough if I store some of it, as for example the raw captures, at edge or fog level?
- How do we define the database structure?
- Closed, as a classical relational database?
- Open, as in NoSQL environments, able to accept non structured data sources?
- What data should we store?
- Do we need to keep the raw data for verification purposes?
- Should we also keep images of the system status every X minutes, or cycles?
- Do I record the accumulated information? By second, hour, day, month?
- What database format is best for my purposesSQL?
- Timeseries optimized formats?
- How do I incorporate new data?
- For how long should we keep any of those records?